The fudgiest, chewiest, gooiest, most chocolatey vegan brownies we've come across!
The fudgiest, chewiest, gooiest, most chocolatey vegan brownies we've come across! This bejewelling batch of deliciousness is made from fudgy black beans with peanut butter chocolate frosting, sans dairy, gluten and refined sugars. Garnished with rose petals and delicious chunks of Loco Love, created and baked to perfection by @panaceas_pantry Who's ready to dig in?
Makes: 12 serves
🍫 350 orange sweet potato, diced
🍫 1 400g can black beans, drained or rinsed (or 250g cooked black beans)
🍫 2 Tbsp almond milk
🍫 55g (½ cup) cacao or dutch pressed cocoa
🍫 ½ tsp salt
🍫 1 tsp vanilla extract
🍫 85g (½ cup) coconut sugar
🍫 120g (¾ cup) buckwheat flour
🍫 1 tsp baking powder
🍫 2 blocks (180g) @ bars, chopped
🍫 ½ cup smooth peanut butter,
🍫 ¼ cup almond milk at room temperature
🍫 Decorations we used; Butterly pea flower, rose petals and loco love mint bar
- Steam sweet potato until soft then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly grease and line a small baking tray (20cm square, or 15x25 cm rectangle or similar) and set aside.
- Add cooled sweet potato, black beans and milk to a food processor and blend until very smooth. Stop halfway and scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add cacao/cocoa, salt, vanilla and coconut sugar and pulse until smooth. Finally, add flour and baking powder and pulse until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the lined tray- it will be thick, so use a spoon to spread around. Bake for 30-35 mins. 30 mins will be more fudgy, so choose to your preference.
- Allow the brownie to completely cool before making the frosting below.
- To make the chocolate frosting add chocolate and room temperature milk to a heatproof bowl. Add 2cm water to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add bowl to the top of the saucepan- it should sit on the rim and not touch the water. Reduce heat to low and very gently heat until melted. Whisk occasionally until smooth. Once melted, add peanut butter and combine well. Allow frosting to cool until it is thick and not too runny. Pour on top of cooled brownie and decorate as desired- setting either in the fridge or on the bench. Dig in!