Prep time: 10 mins
Setting time: 2 hours
Salty sweet. luxuriously rich. seriously smooth, definitely going to be devoured in 5 seconds flat. These velvety nut buttercups are star-studded with freeze-dried raspberries, rose petals, crushed almonds, chunks of Wild Rose Ganache and flaky sea salt for the perfect mouthwatering treat. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free. Need we say more?
120g Loco love Nirvana block chocolate
¾ cup roasted almond butter
½ cup whole almonds, chopped
6 Medjool dates, pitted and quartered
¼ cup free dried raspberries
1 tsp dried rose petals
2 x loco love rose ganache bars, cut into small pieces.
Flakey sea salt
1. Set aside a 12 hold mini silicone muffin tray OR line a mini muffin tray with patty pans.
2. Finely chop the Nirvana chocolate bar and place into a heatproof bowl along with the roast almond butter.
3. Add 2 cm water to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and place the bowl on top of the saucepan- the bowl should sit on the rim and not be touching the water. Melt slowly, mixing regularly. Once the chocolate has become completely liquid and the mixture is uniform turn off the heat and remove the bowl from the saucepan.
4. Add chopped almonds, freeze-dried raspberries and dates to the bowl (setting aside a few pieces of each if you want to decorate the top) and gently fold together.
5. Spoon mixture evenly between the 12 holes/patty pans. Top with the chopped ganache bars and rose petals, and any reserved dates, almonds and raspberries you might have.
6. Finally, lightly sprinkle with flakey salt.
7. Set in the fridge for 2+ hours. Remove the nut butter cups from their moulds then place them into an airtight container in the fridge.