Hazelnut, raspberry and rose cream tart
Prep time 20 minutes, plus setting times
Fresh berries and/or edible rose petals Fresh berries and/or edible rose petals'
Fresh berries and/or edible rose petals Fresh berries and/or edible rose petals
Hazelnut cacao crust
Raspberry chia jam
Raspberry rose cream filling
1. To begin, grease a large flan (approx 9 inch) or tart tin with a removable base and set aside.
2. Add hazelnuts, salt, cacao and baking drops to a food processor and process until small crumbs have formed. With the food processor still running add dates in one at a time and vanilla. Test the mix. It should easily hold together but not be so sticky that is sticks all over your hands. If it is too dry add an extra date, if it is too wet add extra cacao powder. Pour the mix into your prepared tin and use hands to spread around and form a tart crust. You can go for a rustic look, just take your time to compress the base well and evenly. Set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes remove base from the freezer and gently remove crust from the tart tin. Place on a serving plate in the fridge while you make the filling.
4. Make the chia jam. Add berries and water to a small saucepan and place over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until berries have softened and begun to release their juices. Now add in chia seeds and cook a further 5 minutes, regularly stirring to prevent sticking. Turn off heat and mash any lumps with a fork. Transfer to a bowl and into the fridge to cool for 10 minutes while you make the cream filling.
5. Drain cashews and add to a blender with all the remaining ingredients, ensuring they're all at room temperature. Blend until very smooth and creamy, using your blender tamper as required.
6. Remove base from the fridge along with the cooled chia jam. Pour jam over base and use a spoon to spread evenly. Next, top with the raspberry rose cream filling and use the spoon again to spread around evenly. Set in the freezer for 2+ hours.
7. To serve it is best to place the tart into the fridge for 6+ hours (or overnight) to defrost slowly. Top with fresh or defrosted berries and loco love chocolates. Store the tart in the fridge until just before serving- it will not stand hot temperatures, so beware! Store in an air tight container in the fridge (up to 5 days) or freezer (3 months).
To melt cacao butter follow a double boiler method. Melt until completely liquid then remove from heat and set aside to cool until it is just warm to the touch.
Purchase our Chilli Chocolate Hearts
Purchase our Dark Chocolate Drops