They taste like a heavenly mix between a bounty bar and cherry ripe, only these ones are vegan, gluten free, grain free and much healthier for you. It seriously doesn’t get better than this and they're so easy to make!
🍒 200g (1 ½ cups) cherry's, pitted and de-stemmed
🍒 1 Tbsp water
🍒 240g (2 cups) shredded coconut
🍒 3 Tbsp maple syrup
🍒 1 tsp vanilla extract
🍒 85g (1/3 cup) coconut butter
🍒 2 Tbsp coconut cream
🍒 2-3 blocks Loco Love Chocolate Bars (available on our website)
🍒 1 Tbsp coconut oil or peanut butter
🍒 Several Black Cherry & Raspberry bars, roughly chopped up
1. Begin by cooking down the cherries until they reach a jam like consistency. Add halved, pitted cherries and water to a saucepan and heat for 5-7 minutes stirring frequently. Once you have a thick jammy texture, remove from the heat and cool.
2. Next, make the coconut filling. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined and moist. Transfer to a bowl along with the cooled cherry mixture and roughly combine the two- you are not looking to make the cherries uniform through out, chunks are perfect.
3. Using clean hands take around 2 Tbsp of the mix and roll into a log. Place on a lined tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up. Freeze for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours cut up the chocolate finely. Add to a heat-proof bowl with coconut oil or peanut butter. Heat 2cm water in a small saucepan and then sit the bowl on top of the rim- the bowl should not be touching the water. Reduce heat to a simmer, melting slowly.
5. Turn off heat. Remove bars from the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate. It is important to work quickly or in batches- the more the chocolate cools, the thicker the coating and the more chocolate you will need to use. I use two forms, quickly roll a bar, then allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl before setting on the tray. Reheat the chocolate if it becomes too thick.
6. Top with cut up pieces of Loco Love Black Cherry & Raspberry Bar, and store in an airtight container in the fridge (up to 5 days) or freezer (3 months).