Makes 14 gingerbread men
🍪 2 cups blanched almond flour/ meal
🍪 3/4 cup hulled organic tahini
🍪 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup (or use 1/3 cup maple syrup + 1-2 Tbsp organic blackstrap molasses)
🍪 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
🍪 1/2 tsp baking soda
🍪 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
🍪 1-1.5 Tbsp ginger powder
🍪 1/4 tsp nutmeg
🍪 Pinch of sea salt
🍪 @locolovechocolate Nirvana Block for decorating
Optional Icing - (for eyes & a smile)
🍪 Coconut cream
🍪 Loco Love Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170C & line 2x baking trays with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate) into a mixer or food processor & process until a dough forms.
- Roll mixture out in between two pieces of baking paper (try not to roll it out too thin). Press gingerbread man cookie cutter onto the rolled out cookie dough to cut out gingerbread men shapes. - Remove excess dough from the ‘cut’ shapes & use a spatula to carefully transfer them onto the lined baking trays.
- Roll up excess cookie dough & repeat until all of the cookie dough has been used up. Be gentle with them, if any cracks form, seal back together gently using your finger tips.
- Slice enough Loco Love Chocolate squares into 4 smaller squares. Press onto the gingerbread men for the buttons.
- Place into oven & bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, if you want to add the eyes & mouth, add a small amount of coconut cream (roughly 2-3 Tbsp) + 2 rows of Loco Love Chocolate to a small saucepan & melt together on a low heat. Pour into a small ziplock bag & pop it into the fridge to harden.
- Remove gingerbread men from oven & allow to cool before icing.
- When icing has hardened a bit, snip a tiny corner off the ziplock back & carefully add eyes & a smile to each gingerbread man. ENJOY!