Raw Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate “Cheesecake”
It’s hard to believe that something so rich, creamy and ultra-decadent could be 100% plant based and made sans refined sugar! So how is it so creamy? It’s all thanks to the cashews – good fats, I say! Not to mention a beautiful, deep chocolate-y flavour from Loco Love’s Holy Cacao. Perfect as a celebration cake, dessert, a snack, or…keep it in the fridge so you can have it for breakfast ;)
So how is it so creamy? It’s all thanks to the cashews – good fats, I say! So how is it so creamy? It’s all thanks to the cashews – good fats, I say!'
So how is it so creamy? It’s all thanks to the cashews – good fats, I say! So how is it so creamy? It’s all thanks to the cashews – good fats, I say!
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted, chopped and soaked in warm water 5-10 minutes
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked 3-4 hours or overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup - pinch sea salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. Loco Love Holy Cacao
- 1/6~1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4-5 Loco Love Peanut Butter Caramel with Lions Mane Mushrooms, chopped into thirds
- Handful of finely crushed or chopped unsalted peanuts
1. Line the base of a loaf pan (or round cake pan, depending on what shape you want to make it) with baking paper.
2. Process dates and walnuts together in a high-speed blender until you get a sticky mixture. Put the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, pressing down with fingers. Set in the freezer until ready for the cheesecake batter.
3. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews before placing in the blender. Add the remaining ingredients into the blender, except for the cacao powder. Continue to blend until smooth and creamy – make sure to do it little by little as you don’t want to ruin the motor of your blender. Once the mixture has become smooth, add the cacao powder and blend once more.
4. Pour the “cheesecake” batter into the prepared walnut/date base.
5. To prepare the topping, melt 1tsp. of coconut oil and mix into smooth peanut butter. Combine well and then gently pour on top of the chocolate cheesecake batter.
6. Using a skewer, swirl the peanut butter into the batter in a figure 8 motion, all the way down to the other end of the pan.
7. Chop the Peanut Butter Caramel Singles into thirds and press into the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake batter.
8. Finely chop up or crush a handful of peanuts and sprinkle over the top of your cake batter. 9. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours, if not overnight. Cut into slices or squares. Serve and let it melt in your mouth. Divine!