Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
The dreamiest Chocolate cake you'll ever make! The dreamiest Chocolate cake you'll ever make!'
The dreamiest Chocolate cake you'll ever make! The dreamiest Chocolate cake you'll ever make!
Here's the recipe for you👇🏻
Vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 mins
❤️ 55g (1/2 cup) dutch processed cocoa (see notes in comments)
❤️ 190ml (3/4 cup) hot coffee (see notes in comments)
❤️ 225g (1.5 cups) plain flour
❤️1 1/2 tsp baking powder
❤️1/4 tsp fine salt
❤️110g (2/3 cup) coconut sugar
❤️140g (1/2 cup or 125ml) pure maple syrup
❤️1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
❤️2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
❤️70g (1/3 cup or 80ml) light olive oil
❤️Whipped coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
❤️Store bought raspberry coulis OR raspberry jam OR homemade raspberry chia jam
❤️ @locolovechocolate Wild Rose Ganache bars
- We recommend using the weight measurements for this cake, however if you don't have scales please use Australian standard cups and the spoon and scrape method for dry ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, with a wire rack sitting at a height of 1/3 up in the oven (so it is placed in the bottom 1/3 of the oven). Grease and line a 8 inch (20cm) round cake tin, either and springform pan or one with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- In a measuring jug add the hot coffee and cocoa. Whisk together until smooth then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add salt and coconut sugar and combine well with a large wooden spoon. Create 3 wells in the dry mix. In one well add the maple syrup, in the next the vanilla and in the final well the olive oil. Pour the cocoa coffee mixture on top and gently fold the bake batter until just combined and smooth. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35-40minutes. Use a skewer to test when it is cooked- test the middle of the cake. You want a few moist crumbs but no wet batter on the stick. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To serve, cut the cold cake through the middle. Add raspberry coulis, yoghurt or cream and then place the top layer or cake on. Add an extra layer or yoghurt/cream, then top generously with more coulis, fresh berries and your favourite loco love bars.
- If you use cocoa powder instead of the dutched cocoa you can reduce the vinegar content to 1 teaspoon.
- The hot coffee is based off of 3/4 cup hot water plus 1 tsp espresso powder. You can use a shot of espresso coffee and add extra hot water until you reach a total of 3/4 cup liquid.
Recipe by @panaceas_pantry