Makes: 6 -8
Prep time: 20 mins plus soaking time
Setting time: 4+ hours
Vegan / Grain free / Dairy free / Refined sugar free / Gluten free
These No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Vegan Cheesecake Bites are so delicious and easy to make! . The flavour combination is surprisingly a perfect match, topped off with a bar of Orange Ganache and a sprinkling of matcha powder, for added zing and zest.
50g (½ cup) walnut halves
27g (¼ cup) cacao powder
1 Tbsp coconut flour
160g (6-8) fresh (Medjool) dates, pitted
1/3 bar loco love chocolate, roughly chopped
180g (1 ½ cups) shelled pistachio nuts (measured the weight after being shelled)
100g (1/3 cup) pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
2 tsp lime juice
182ml (2/3 cup) pistachio milk
62g (¼ cup) refined coconut oil (see notes)
2 Tbsp (30g) cacao butter, optional (see notes)
Optional- 1 tsp vibrant green matcha powder (for colour only)
1/3 bar loco love chocolate
1 Tbsp pistachio milk
1. If you do not have a high-powered blender you will need to soak your pistachio nuts for 4 hours before using them for this recipe. Once soaked, drain and follow instructions below as they appear.
2. Begin by making the base. Set aside a silicone muffin tray, with 6-12 holes. Add the walnuts, cacao, coconut flour and salt to a food processor and process well. It should take 1-2 minutes, and the nuts will be very well chopped. With the food processor running add in the chocolate, then the dates one at a time. Process for a further 30 seconds, then check the mixture. It should be moist and easily rolled into a ball without crumbling- add extra dates if necessary.
3. Divide the mixture between 6-8 muffin holes and press down firmly. Set aside.
4. Melt coconut oil and cacao butter using the Bain Marie method. Once liquid, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add all the filling ingredients, including the cooled coconut oil and cacao butter, to a high speed blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until silky smooth. Pour on top of the bases and freeze for 4+ hours.
6. When you are ready to take the cakes out, first make the ganache. Finely chop the chocolate and add to a heat proof bowl with the pistachio milk. Again, melt Bain Marie style- but do not stir. Once the chocolate looks almost melted turn off heat and whisk together. Next, remove cakes from the freezer and spoon some ganache on top of each, add crushed pistachio if desired . Immediately remove the cakes from their moulds and place on a tray to defrost slowly in the fridge.
7. To serve, top with ½ an orange ganache loco love bar.
We used refined coconut oil for this recipe in place or virgin coconut oil or cacao butter as both of these options have a strong flavour that overrides the subtle pistachio flavour. While we recommend using refined coconut oil, you can use virgin coconut oil or cacao butter however expect the delicious pistachio flavour to be less prominent.
The use of cacao butter is included in a small amount to help set the cakes a little firmer. You can omit this ingredient if you do not have it.