- Soak cashews overnight to soften.
- Place a can of coconut cream in the fridge to set overnight for whipping.
- To make the base, place all ‘base’ ingredients into a food processor. Ensuring the pits are removed from the dates.
- Blitz on high until a smooth dough consistency is formed and all ingredients are dispersed evenly.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Empty the base dough into the bottom of the lined cake tin.
- Press, using the back of a spoon to smooth and flatten across the base of the cake tin.
- Set aside whilst preparing the filling.
- Strain cashews for filling.
- In a blender, blitz all cashew filling ingredients until a smooth and silky batter is formed, ideally with no grainy texture.
- Slice strawberries in half, line up around the sides of a cake pan. Strawberry side facing outward.
- Pour over strawberry and date base.
- Refrigerate overnight.
To prepare the ganache, warm cream in a saucepan.
Remove from heat and add the chocolate drops. The residual heat will melt the chocolate forming a ganache.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the set base.
Return to the fridge for 1 hour.
To prepare whipping cream, simply remove the coconut cream can from the fridge. Whip using a whisk to form a whipped cream texture.
Slice strawberries for the topping decoration.
Dollop cream and spread evenly across the set cake.
Adorn with roasted slivered almonds and pile with a mountain of fresh and tart strawberries.
Slice, serve and enjoy with your dearly beloved.
Keep in the fridge for 1 week in an airtight container.