A slice of Nirvana, silky smooth chocolate goodness and a biscuit base
This deliciousness is sure to be a crowd pleaser, you wouldn't guess it was vegan and refined sugar free. It's also high in protein and if you use our Nirvana and Holy Cacao contains medicinal mushrooms. To be honest we have been a little sick of cashews in every single vegan dessert so we had to find another way. Silken tofu in small doses is a great way to increase plant protein. This cake can be made nut free by using more oats and removing the almond meal. Most importantly this cake is wildly delicious and is the perfect comfort food for the change of seasons and the isolation we are all experiencing.
Biscuit Base½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup coconut sugar
¾ cup almond meal (can be substituted with more oats or other nut meals)
⅓ cup coconut oil
* a pinch of sea salt
Chocolate Filling600g Organic silken tofu
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup coconut sugar
2.5 blocks nirvana chocolate (roughly 220g, can also use other vegan dark chocolate)
2 Tbsp Holy Cacao (or raw cacao)
1.Preheat oven to 160*C and grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with coconut oil and baking paper.
2. In a food processor, place oats, sugar and salt and process until they are chopped finely. Add nut meal and process until combined. Now add the coconut oil and process until the mixture comes together.
3. Press into the greased and lined tin and bake for 20 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, reduce heat of oven to 150*C and place chocolate in a saucepan on low heat to melt, leaving aside to cool once smooth
5.In a food processor, place well drained tofu and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add sugar and Holy Cacao and again, blend until smooth. Now fold in melted chocolate until incorporated and pour over the cooled biscuit base, smoothing the top with a spatula ready for baking.
6. Bake in oven for around 40 minutes, or until the cake is firm but still a little wobbly in the centre. This will firm as it cools.
7. Leave cake to cool in the oven with the door ajar and then place into the fridge for a few hours or overnight to chill. Dust with Holy Cacao to serve.