- ½ cup walnuts (or any other nut you’d like to use)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
Chocolate Tart Filling:
- 3x bars of Loco Love Nirvana Chocolate
- 2/3 cup good quality full fat coconut cream
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp. rose water (make sure it is the edible one, not for cosmetic purposes)
Rose and Pistachio topping
- ¼ cup or more of dried rose petals (enough to cover the entire tart, except
for the edges that will be covered in crushed raw pistachios
- ¼ cup finely chopped or crushed raw pistachios
1. Firstly, line a 9inch (23cm) low tart dish with non-stick baking paper and preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius
2. Combine your base ingredients into a blender and process until a fine crumb and sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Transfer the almond meal/walnut mixture into your prepared tart dish and press down, making sure it’s even. Evenly press the mixture up the side of the dish.
3. Bake your tart crust in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven once the time is up and let it cool – don’t remove it from the tart dish.
4. While your tart crust cools, prepare the chocolate filling by heating your coconut cream in a small-medium saucepan on low heat. Bring it to a gentle boil and take it off the heat. Break 3x bars of the Loco Love Nirvana bar into the heated coconut cream. Let it stand 2 minutes and then stir – the chocolate would have melted by now. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted into the coconut cream and it is well combined. Stir in the rose water. Pour the warm chocolate mixture into the cooled tart crust.
5. Sprinkle the edge of your chocolate tart with crushed or finely chopped pistachios, making sure that it goes right to the edge. Lastly, sprinkle the center of the chocolate tart with the dried rose petals to meet the finely chopped pistachio edge.
6. Transfer and chill in the fridge for at least 1-hour.
7. Slice and serve. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 5-7 days, or store it in the freezer to preserve it for longer.