Connecting with the moon phases is a beautiful way to instil connection with the Self and the cycles of nature around us. Each one of her phases is a different energy within each cycle. Setting specific intentions with each phase of the moon creates an opportunity to live intentionally, allowing you to bring meaningful and profound transformation into your life. Change is not something to fear, change is the one consistent thing in life. Just as the moon grows, so do we, just as she wanes into the darkness to reemerge, so do we.
The New Moon is a time of rebirth, a time we are gifted, a chance offered to start fresh. This month the New Moon occurs in the passionate and regenerative sign of Scorpio. On Friday the 5th November at 8:14 am, the New Moon will occur at 12º in Scorpio, creating the need to delve deep into our feelings. It is a sign of the zodiac that rules the reproductive organs, our genes and our bones. Being ruled by the planet Mars it is the sturdiest of water signs and known to be quite intense, and it is a powerful sign of resilience as it invites us to honour the more serious elements of our life. If Scorpio were a mantra, it would be birth, life, death, rebirth.
This month, we can commit to our personal goals and embody the positive energies of this water sign. We are being guided to take steps towards self-mastery and self-empowerment by addressing the things that undermine us, that which is no longer aligned with who we are and where we are going- Things that take our power our way. Let us understand that changes and endings are necessary for us to evolve, ensuring that every step we take towards growth is not at the cost of losing who we are and losing ourselves.
Forget about allowing the thoughts, ideas, beliefs of others to squash you; stand up, stand tall and stand proud in your truth, in who you are, what you stand for and be a sovereign being. It is ok for others to not share the same values as you, and we do not have to condemn, judge or shame otherwise. We simply must learn that it is ok to disagree. Use this time to work on your radiance, your magnetism of what you wish to attract and only deepening your sense of character and your sense of Self.
As Scorpio is ruled by Mars (the planet of passion, war and assertion), it represents how you assert yourself how to stand up, defend, and end that which doesn't serve you. However, it is not afraid of confrontation, so perhaps it is time to set that boundary, draw a line in the sand, speak up on what has been simmering with, and allow it to no longer hold you hostage but be the catalyst for freedom and liberation.
Altar and ritual suggestions connecting with Scorpio
An altar is a reference point that we can come to, where we can practice the art of remembering. It is a point in our homes and the spaces around us that express what we love, desire and honour at that given moment in time.
- Colours: Black, red and orange
- Flowers: Geraniums, heather, honeysuckle and anemones
- Feelings: Intensity, determination, bravery, loyalty and ambition
- Taste: Chilli, spice and things with very strong flavour
- Herbs: Nettle, thistles, sage, catnip and basil
- Tarot card: Death
Ritual for Scorpio
- Sit in a quiet space that feels sacred to you.
- Lighting a candle and call yourself present to anchor and ground yourself.
- Take a cup or bowl of water, hold it with both hands, level with the heart to express Scorpio's determination and ambitious powers as a water sign. See this water as the representation of knowledge and wisdom.
- Begin to say aloud the things you wish to embody of Scorpios key aspects of determination, bravery and ambition. For each statement you make aloud, take a sip of water.
- See each sip you take from this chalice of knowledge, support and wisdom embodying every part of your being.
- In what areas of my life can I be more vulnerable?
- How do I honour my loyalty and bravery to be more ambitious?
- What do determination and ambition mean to me?
We ask ourselves these prompts so that we can become crystal clear on how the direction we wish to take on our next trajectory. Now is the time to get the foundations of our Self concreted and stable.
"Now is the time to find courage and ambition with every part of who I am. I find these qualities and use this new moon to rebirth from the depths of fearless and take what is mine and use it as my fuel to move closer and closer towards what I desire. I allow the cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth to empower me, to liberate me, knowing that there is never any wrong and right, there is only trying again. When life gets rocky, I lower and anchor deep down within. I find the stillness that no one or thing can take from me. And it is done".
New Moon blessings,
Brooke, founder of @theritual___
Artwork unknown, we would love to give credit to the talented artist.