Chocolate roll ingredients
1 ½ cup of gluten free flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
¾ cup coconut sugar
4 tablespoons of cacao powder
¼ of loco love dark chocolate chips
1.5 cups of plant based milk
¼ cup of melted coconut oil
½ tsp of baking powder
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
½ tsp of vanilla bean powder
Whipped Coconut Cream:
2 cans of coconut cream refrigerated for 4 hours in the can. (if you're in Australia the coles organic brand works very well)
1 punnet of raspberries
Higher Being to dust (Or regular cacao powder)
- Preheat your oven to 165 degrees celsius (fan forced oven).
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips, using your preferred melting method (double boiler, microwave or hot water method) Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift flour, cacao powder and tapioca starch.
- Add coconut sugar and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center and mix through the chocolate and oil mixture, vanilla bean and plant based milk, if a little bit more milk is needed it can be added.
- Once a smooth batter add the baking powder and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir through.
- Spread THINLY, around ½ cm thick onto a lined baking tray. This can be poured onto a flat tray and spread intuitively into your desired rectangular shape, making sure it abides by the thin spread. Thick cake will make it difficult to roll.
- Bake for 7-10 mins depending on your oven or until it is set and springy to the touch with no crust. Be sure to keep an eye on the whole baking process as we do not want the cake to dry out.
- Remove from the oven once baked and set aside to cool.
- To make the vegan whipped coconut cream, remove the top layer of the refrigerated cream ensuring no water layer is taken. Place into a bowl.
- Using a hand whisk whip until soft peaks form (1-2 mins).
- To assemble, divide the cream into 2.
- Spread one half of the cream evenly across the whole of the top rectangular cake surface.
- Evenly disperse a layer of fresh raspberries over the fresh cream layer.
- Using the baking paper, begin the roll firmly from one end of the rectance. Keeping the baking paper attached to the underside, as it will help to keep the roll together.
- Once rolled, mold the log shape with the baking paper and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Remove from the fridge after chilling, spread the remaining coconut cream as an icing layer, dust with Higher Being (or regular cacao powder).
- Jewel with a row of fresh strawberries.
- Slice and serve immediately.